A new study by financial news-and-opinion website 24-7 Wall Street ranks Washington among the states that are most economically favorable to women.
Washington comes in at ninth in the nation, with 24-7 Wall Street noting that nearly 42 percent of Washington's congressional delegation is female, compared to less than 20 percent of Congress overall.
Washington is 24th highest in the average percentage of money women earn compared to men, and 15th-best for the percentage of management jobs held by women.
Oregon is ranked fourth overall for favorability to women.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market