An analysis by an economic think tank says President-Elect Donald Trump's trade policies could trigger an international trade war that could eliminate as many at least 170,000 jobs here in Washington.
That's five-percent of the workforce. That's because Washington does a lot of trade with Asia.
"Seattlepi.com" says the analysis is from the Peterson Institute for International Economics. Trump has said renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement would bring jobs back to the U.S.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds