Drug enforcement detectives with the Grant County Sheriff’s Office carried out a major bust on Thursday morning.
They searched a Moses Lake apartment at 2016 W. Broadway Ave. on a warrant after long suspecting it to be a drug house. Moses Lake Police and Washington State Patrol were also on the scene serving as backup.
The Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team seized 22 grams of heroin, six grams of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia, packaging materials and $1,500 in cash.
Carlos Martinez Sanchez and Mary Darlene Spencer, both 42, were arrested on multiple felony charges.
They were booked into Grant County Jail on charges of maintaining a dwelling for controlled substances, possession with intent to distribute, maintaining a drug house within 1,000 feet of a school or school bus stop and two counts each of violation of the Uniform Controlled Substance Act.
Detectives also seized two vehicles and personal property from the suspects.
The bust took several months of investigation that involved multiple stings by undercover officers.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market