From the Yakima FD-
|At 05:01 this morning Yakima Firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire in the 1300 block of S 12th Ave.
First arriving crews found heavy fire in the bedroom of a duplex apartment. Initial reports stated that there was one person unaccounted for. This prompted firefighters to enter “Rescue Mode” . Rescue Mode is when there is a life hazard and an all out effort is needed. There is high risk, but also the potential for high gain. This is a very dangerous time for firefighters. Crews made an aggressive attack on the fire simultaneously conducting a search for victims. The search revealed nothing and the fire was quickly extinguished.
The fire was contained to one half the duplex. The other tenants will be able to return to their apartment today
The victim was transported to the hospital with injuries related to the fire. Fire investigators are working to determine the incident as it played out.
|What was the probable cause?|
|Cause is under investigation.|
|What was the extent of the damage?|
|Bedroom gutted with significant heat and smoke damage to the rest of the apartment. There was no fire extension to the attic.|
|What is the initial estimate of the dollar loss?|
|How many firefighters responded?|
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River