A fire which started just past 9:30 AM this morning heavily damages a home near Lewis and 7th Ave. in Pasco.
The fire is believed to have started in the back of the home and dozens of neighbors could be seen watching as firefighters got the fire under control.
Eighteen year old Desarea Estavillo was tehre visiting her grandmother, and smelled something burning when she took out the trash. She went into the house to rescue her grandmother, who has dementia, after seeing the flames.
Estavillo tells us she was also able to rescue her grandmother's four dogs. A good samaritan called
9-1-1 to alert firefighters. Approximately thirty responded to put out that fire.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres