YAKIMA, Wash. - The mother of the Yakima woman who was hit and killed by a train early Thursday morning is asking for your help.
31-year-old Ashley Guthrie fell asleep next to railroad tracks near Ellensburg, when a train approached and she couldn't get out of the way.
She was hit and died at the scene.
She leaves behind four children, her mother heartbroken and in need.
"Anything that you can donate I would greatly appreciate, any amount would help significantly,” said Donna Nevins.
A youcaring page online is now live tonight for any donations, at the following link: https://www.youcaring.com/ashleyguthrie-838791
Donations are also accepted in account setup, at U.S. Bank under Donna Nevins.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Partridge Family star David Cassidy "surrounded by family" in hospital
- Honda recalling 900,000 Odyssey minivans, seats may tip forward
- Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs