The defense attorney for a Milton-Freewater man charged with allegedly killing his neighbor back in 2011 is denied his request to prohibit pre-trial media coverage and exclude certain evidence from being presented once the trial begins.
The motions were filed on behalf of George West Craigen who is accused of killing his neighbor, Rob Carter.
Craigen's attorney worried publicity and the showing of crime photos may taint the jury pool.
The defense also asked the judge to limit Carter's family from showing emotion, however that motion too was denied.
Craigen's trial is expected to begin May 27th.
- Wa-Hi Dance Team takes 4th in state championship
- Burglary, theft suspect wanted in Yakima County after escape from community custody
- Secretary of state will undergo treatment for colon cancer
- Suspect points sawed-off shotgun at Spokane Valley Deputy
- Yakima authorities searching for burglary, domestic violence, drug suspect
- Seahawks backup QB Trevone Boykin arrested on drug, intoxication counts