The defense attorney for a Milton-Freewater man charged with allegedly killing his neighbor back in 2011 is denied his request to prohibit pre-trial media coverage and exclude certain evidence from being presented once the trial begins.
The motions were filed on behalf of George West Craigen who is accused of killing his neighbor, Rob Carter.
Craigen's attorney worried publicity and the showing of crime photos may taint the jury pool.
The defense also asked the judge to limit Carter's family from showing emotion, however that motion too was denied.
Craigen's trial is expected to begin May 27th.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location