An Athena man is dead following an officer-involved shooting this morning near Athena.
The Umatilla County District Attorney's Office says 55-year-old Tere King exited his vehicle with a firearm after an Athena Police officer spotted his vehicle just after 7 this morning on Pamburn Road near Highway 11.
Before shots were fired and King exited his vehicle, he allegedly tried driving his vehicle at Sergeant Erik Palmer.
When King exited, that's when Palmer shot King one time, resulting in a fatal injury.
King was involved in a high speed pursuit on Saturday with Milton-Freewater Police, but got away.
- Search amplifies in forest west of Naches for 20-year-old missing since Friday
- Amazon Prime Day promo starts night of July 10, now 30 hours
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Controversial cannabis shop put on hold
- Tri-Cities Community Health CEO sees no benefits in GOP health care plan
- Kennewick Fire warns fireworks could result in $5,000 fine, jail time