The suspect wanted in last week's homicide outside of Hermiston is now in custody.
Umatilla County Sheriff Terry Rowan confirms that Timothy Kelly was captured earlier today in The Dalles.
County District Attorney Dan Primus filed a murder charge Friday against Kelly in the shooting death of Daniel Dechand last Tuesday.
Kelly allegedly shot Dechand in a car on Sunshine Lane outside of Hermiston last Tuesday afternoon.
Dechand later died at Good Shepherd Medical Center in Hermiston.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres