In a pre-trial hearing for John Young, the state amended the 1st degree murder charge he's facing, adding firearm enhancement.
Young is the second suspect in the July 4th shooting of Joshua Snapp near Horn Rapids in Richland.
The court decided to defer a definite decision on a March 10th court date because of other upcoming trials.
The court is also deciding how or if it will allow use of Young's interview directly following the murder of Snapp because he was interviewed originally as a witness, without his Miranda rights read to him, and later considered a suspect.
He will be back in court February 28th.
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced