The Naches-Tieton road is officially reopened.
For the past year, road crews have been busy eliminating two hairpin turns and adding a truck lane on the road which connects the Naches Valley to the Tieton area.
Over the years, the windy road has seen its share of accidents -- some fatal. However, after the removed of thousands of cubic yards of dirt, the road is now wider.
The project cost more than 6-point-1 million dollars.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape