YAKIMA, Wash. - At the age of 21, a young service member has just been sworn in as the Yakima Police Department’s newest probationary officer.
Prior to this week, Isaac Hernandez was a 2nd Lieutenant in the National Guard. He graduated Arizona State University with a degree in criminal justice and joined the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) program.
Hernandez is the third member of his family to serve in law enforcement.
His oldest brother Rolando is an Othello police officer and his older brother Ivan is a deputy with the Benton County Sheriff’s Office.
Hernandez grew up in Othello.
- 3rd Annual Central City Comic Con is coming to Yakima
- Former Tri-City American enhances treatment for children with autism
- St.Joseph students hold grandparent lunch for adventure funding
- Upcoming hip-hop artists performing in Walla Walla on Saturday
- Coroner identifies boy killed in hit-and-run outside Toppenish