China has agreed to return the underwater drone that was taken earlier this week, the Pentagon said Saturday.
"We have registered our objection to China's unlawful seizure of a U.S unmanned underwater vehicle operating in international waters in the South China Sea. Through direct engagement with Chinese authorities, we have secured an understanding that the Chinese will return the UUV to the United States," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said.
Earlier Saturday, China's defense ministry said Chinese authorities had decided to return it.
Details were not immediately available on when or how it may be returned.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget