China has agreed to return the underwater drone that was taken earlier this week, the Pentagon said Saturday.
"We have registered our objection to China's unlawful seizure of a U.S unmanned underwater vehicle operating in international waters in the South China Sea. Through direct engagement with Chinese authorities, we have secured an understanding that the Chinese will return the UUV to the United States," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said.
Earlier Saturday, China's defense ministry said Chinese authorities had decided to return it.
Details were not immediately available on when or how it may be returned.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater