China has agreed to return the underwater drone that was taken earlier this week, the Pentagon said Saturday.
"We have registered our objection to China's unlawful seizure of a U.S unmanned underwater vehicle operating in international waters in the South China Sea. Through direct engagement with Chinese authorities, we have secured an understanding that the Chinese will return the UUV to the United States," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said.
Earlier Saturday, China's defense ministry said Chinese authorities had decided to return it.
Details were not immediately available on when or how it may be returned.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities