China has agreed to return the underwater drone that was taken earlier this week, the Pentagon said Saturday.
"We have registered our objection to China's unlawful seizure of a U.S unmanned underwater vehicle operating in international waters in the South China Sea. Through direct engagement with Chinese authorities, we have secured an understanding that the Chinese will return the UUV to the United States," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said.
Earlier Saturday, China's defense ministry said Chinese authorities had decided to return it.
Details were not immediately available on when or how it may be returned.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market