A nationwide arrest warrant has been issued for one of the 26 men arrested in a Tri-Cities child sex sting operation last month.
Ali Almafoodh, 35, posted his $10,000 bail after being charged with one count of attempted second-degree child rape. He then left the U.S. for a two-and-a-half week trip to the Middle East.
He returned to Philadelphia but never made it back to the Tri-Cities, police said
Almafoodh’s bail has been raised to $500,000.
This is Benton County’s fourth sex crime case in three years in which the defendant fled out of town. All of those suspects have yet to be captured.
- 2 dead in small plane crash near Oregon eclipse viewing site
- Detectives seek individuals tied to Benton City shooting
- Benton-Franklin Fair & Rodeo kicks off with annual grand parade
- Far out: VW plans an electric hippie bus
- Franklin County Sheriff's Office Marine Patrol tow sinking boat
- Snow Leopard Cub Healthy at Seattle Zoo