A nationwide arrest warrant has been issued for one of the 26 men arrested in a Tri-Cities child sex sting operation last month.
Ali Almafoodh, 35, posted his $10,000 bail after being charged with one count of attempted second-degree child rape. He then left the U.S. for a two-and-a-half week trip to the Middle East.
He returned to Philadelphia but never made it back to the Tri-Cities, police said
Almafoodh’s bail has been raised to $500,000.
This is Benton County’s fourth sex crime case in three years in which the defendant fled out of town. All of those suspects have yet to be captured.
- Idaho man arrested outside Umatilla in stabbing death of 2 people
- Inmate dies from meth-laden kiss, girlfriend gets 2 years
- Sunnyside kindergartner sneaks her cat to school in her backpack
- Seattle budget includes money for safe-injection site
- Southridge student arrives in NYC to perform in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade