From the Oregon DOT-
9:30AM Update- Transportation:
ODOT: East. Ore.: I-84 Eastbound is now open to single lane travel near MP 205, 4 miles west of Pendleton. A semi crash had blocked both lanes earlier this morning. Travelers are cautioned to expect hazardous road conditions (fog/black ice) east and west of Pendleton and throughout NE Oregon, and to use extreme caution. All vehicles are currently required to use chains or traction tires in areas between Pendleton and La Grande (check TripCheck.com for update chain requirements). If possible, motorists are encouraged to postpone travel until conditions improve. UPDATE
• ODOT: East. Ore. - I-84 Eastbound is closed near MP 205, 4 miles west of Pendleton due to crash and semi blocking both lanes. This Eastbound closure occurred around 6:20 a.m. I-84 Westbound remains closed at MP 377 in Ontario due to multiple vehicle crashes and disabled semis between MP 224-236 (Cabbage Hill-Meacham area). The Westbound closure occurred around 7:40 p.m. last night. The extended Westbound closure is prompted by numerous vehicles that need to be removed, including several semi trucks, plus icy and foggy conditions. Travelers are cautioned to expect hazardous road conditions (fog/black ice) east and west of Pendleton and throughout NE Oregon, and to use extreme caution. If possible, postpone travel until conditions improve. Westbound freeway closure is located in Ontario due to numerous semis and vehicles backed up in La Grande and Baker City areas, and limited services available (restaurants/motels are full).
- Turkey blocks Wikipedia over what it calls terror 'smear campaign'
- Rattlesnakes come out of hibernation in the Tri-Cities
- Community members spread messages of acceptance outside of Prosser school
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties