A homeowner says he saw a cougar, possibly a bobcat, early yesterday morning in an area near Badger Mountain.
The man telling Benton County Sheriff's deputies that several neighbors in the area of El Rancho Reata-Vaca and Reata Road also heard what they thought was a cougar fighting with a raccoon -- another neighbor saying he was growled at.
Nobody was injured.
The information has been forwarded to the Washington Department of Fish and Game.
(File photo of cougar)
- Gonzaga won't cancel Friday classes for Final Four
- State agency says more funds needed to fight wildfires
- Portion of S.R. 821 to close Saturday for Yakima River Canyon Marathon
- Portland-based comedian to perform at Hermiston Chamber luncheon
- Pasco Police ask community to help find suspect connected to gun charge
- Police release identity of victim in fatal crash on Highway 11