A homeowner says he saw a cougar, possibly a bobcat, early yesterday morning in an area near Badger Mountain.
The man telling Benton County Sheriff's deputies that several neighbors in the area of El Rancho Reata-Vaca and Reata Road also heard what they thought was a cougar fighting with a raccoon -- another neighbor saying he was growled at.
Nobody was injured.
The information has been forwarded to the Washington Department of Fish and Game.
(File photo of cougar)
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd