There is a new group helping people earn their legal U.S. citizenship.
Academia America in Yakima offers classes that teach U.S. history, reading and writing in English.
Classes are held twice a week for ten-weeks.
The main goal, to boost confidence and prepare students for the citizenship exams.
"We know there's 11,000 people that are eligible to become legal residents and citizens so we're focusing on those people," said class instructor Hector Franco.
Its $200 for the entire program, but organizers said they can help those who are low-income.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself