There is a new group helping people earn their legal U.S. citizenship.
Academia America in Yakima offers classes that teach U.S. history, reading and writing in English.
Classes are held twice a week for ten-weeks.
The main goal, to boost confidence and prepare students for the citizenship exams.
"We know there's 11,000 people that are eligible to become legal residents and citizens so we're focusing on those people," said class instructor Hector Franco.
Its $200 for the entire program, but organizers said they can help those who are low-income.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds