Pasco City Council members vote to regulate the use of electronic cigarettes throughout the city.
The unanimous decision made last night places the same restrictions on smoking the e-cigs as smoking a regular cigarette, like not smoking indoors and smoking 20 feet away from a public building.
Mayor Matt Watkins said there are so many unknowns about the effect e-cigs may have on people's health who are exposed to it.
Watkins there likely wouldn't be any discussion on reversing the decision unless the FDA came out with new testing proving e-cigs to be harmless.
The restrictions will likely be in place by early next week.
- Gunshot victim walks into police station
- Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs
- A shoplifter on the loose, police need your help to identify him
- Putin meets French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen at Kremlin
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker