Pasco City Council members vote to regulate the use of electronic cigarettes throughout the city.
The unanimous decision made last night places the same restrictions on smoking the e-cigs as smoking a regular cigarette, like not smoking indoors and smoking 20 feet away from a public building.
Mayor Matt Watkins said there are so many unknowns about the effect e-cigs may have on people's health who are exposed to it.
Watkins there likely wouldn't be any discussion on reversing the decision unless the FDA came out with new testing proving e-cigs to be harmless.
The restrictions will likely be in place by early next week.
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters
- AAA: Teen drivers 3 times more likely to be involved in fatal crashes
- UPDATE: Man threatens police, SWAT team enters home
- Be Safe, Not Sorry: Fireworks Safety, Prevention
- Mountain resue recoveres body of 19-year-old