Today is the grand opening of a new housing project in Kennewick.
Perry Suites provides an independent living atmosphere for adults with developmental or physical disabilities.
There are 14 apartments, a community room, and a community garden for residents.
The $3 million project broke ground last August and used federal, state, county and city funding along with donations.
Modern Living Services is still raising funds to build another complex and will hold the Jingle and Jazz fundraiser in November.
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes