The new West Richland animal shelter will be built at Belmont Boulevard and Keene Road.
Last night the city council voted 5-1 in favor of the new location.
The shelter will be co-located with the new public works facility.
Mayor Brent Gerry said the next step is to put together a needs analysis to decide on the size scope and design of the shelter.
From there the city will plan a budget and possibly partnering with other jurisdictions.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape