From the ODOT-
Freezing rain and icy road conditions were factors in several Tuesday morning traffic crashes alo ng Interstate 84 in the Pendleton area. One of these crashes involved a FedEx trailer that split open, spilling general freight and causing lane closures for eastbound traffic.
According to Senior Trooper Dan Chichester, on February 25, 2014 at approximately 6:00 a.m., a Fed Ex truck pulling two trailers was eastbound on Interstate 84 near milepost 205 when the trailers began to jackknife. Another commercial truck traveling behind crashed into one of the trailers, splitting it open and spilling its contents along the freeway. Neither driver was injured.
Oregon State Police (OSP), ODOT and FedEx representatives responded to the scene. The eastbound lanes were closed until emergency responders were able to get one lane open. The left eastbound lane is now open for traffic while workers continue to pick up debris and clear the scene.
Several other traffic crashes occurred in the general area as well as east of Pendleton during the night that affected Interstate 84 and area roads. Traffic updates are posted on ODOT's website www.TripCheck.com.
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd