ROSEBURG, Ore. (AP) - Josephine County sheriff's detectives have arrested a Sunny Valley woman in the shooting death of her mother's boyfriend.
The Oregon State Police say Thursday that 40-year-old Amber Ellen Sells was booked at the Josephine County Jail on a charge of murder in the death of 54-year-old Randy Allen Hummel, also of Sunny Valley. Sells will be assigned a court-appointed public defender but an attorney was not yet listed.
In a probable cause affidavit, OSP Officer Bryan Scott says Sells had stolen her mother's handgun.
The document says Hummel -- the mother's boyfriend -- confronted Sells about the alleged theft and Sells shot him in the head as he approached her.
Scott says Sells has given conflicting statements about the shooting that do not match evidence at the scene.
- Local law enforcement get ready for "Drug Take Back" day
- Students host suicide prevention workshop at Columbia Basin College
- Kennewick installs outdoor fitness center at local park
- Humane society still hoping to get guinea pigs adopted
- Tri-Cities Cancer Center awared for their "Be A Man" video
- Authorities seek to arrest suspected child molester