The Nuclear Regulatory Commission staff will meet in Richland tonight with representatives of Energy Northwest to discuss the agency's 2013 assessment of safety performance for the Columbia Generating Station.
The meeting, which is open to the public, begins at 5:30 p.m. in the Walkley Room of the Energy Northwest Training Center, 3000 George Washington Way in Richland.
In addition to the performance assessment, the NRC staff will be available to answer questions from the public on the safety performance of Columbia Generating Station, as well as the NRC's role in ensuring safe plant operation.
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced