WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says he's done waiting for House Republicans to act on immigration. He says he now plans to act on his own.
Obama announced his intention today to take executive action.
Obama says there are enough Republicans and Democrats in the House to pass an immigration bill today, and says he would sign it.
But Obama says he's waited for more than a year to give House Speaker John Boehner space to act. He says Boehner informed him last week that the House won't vote on immigration this year.
Obama says the thousands of unaccompanied children showing up on the border underscore the need to drop the politics and act on immigration.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect