From the Yakima PD-
On 02-16-14 at 1951 hrs, multiple Yakima Police Officers responded to a convenience store in the 1800 block of East Nob Hill for a report of an armed robbery that had just occurred. Two males allegedly entered the store. Before leaving, one of the males pulled out a handgun from his waistband and demanded money from the register. The cashier complied with the robber’s demands. After obtaining the money, the pair of suspects fled on foot.
A quick response from officers and a successful K-9 track resulted in one of the suspects being arrested a few blocks away. The only injuries reported were the suspect’s minor injuries received from the police K-9. The suspect was booked into the Yakima County Jail where he will face armed robbery charges. The 2nd suspect was not located and remains at large.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call