Opening statements begin today in the murder trial of 19-year-old suspect Joshua Hunt.
He is one of two suspects in the killing of Joshua Snapp in Richland last July 4th.
Three witnesses who were at a small party with Hunt the night before the alleged murder took place were called to the stand this morning.
All witnesses say Hunt was fairly quiet at the party and seemed coherent. Investigators believe Hunt and another teenager, John Young, took turns shooting Snapp off Highway 240 near Horn Rapids after luring Snapp to the area by suggesting they smoke some pot.
Arrest affadavits show that Young and Hunt claimed Snapp was an informant and owed Hunt money.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services