Opening statements begin today in the murder trial of 19-year-old suspect Joshua Hunt.
He is one of two suspects in the killing of Joshua Snapp in Richland last July 4th.
Three witnesses who were at a small party with Hunt the night before the alleged murder took place were called to the stand this morning.
All witnesses say Hunt was fairly quiet at the party and seemed coherent. Investigators believe Hunt and another teenager, John Young, took turns shooting Snapp off Highway 240 near Horn Rapids after luring Snapp to the area by suggesting they smoke some pot.
Arrest affadavits show that Young and Hunt claimed Snapp was an informant and owed Hunt money.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities