Operation Thank You, the Tri-Cities based organization which routinely sends care packages to our troops overseas, recently received a nice thank you letter and pictures from Dan Wilson, one of the troops stationed at Camp Marmal, Afghanistan. The message is below:
Thanks so much for all you do. We received twenty boxes from you today. Nine were for dogs and I had a great time passing them out. The Americans here on Camp Marmal contract their K-9 services, most of the teams I met today were from Zimbabwe and Uganda. They were some really nice guys, they invited me to visit their countries. I have been to Uganda, I was surrounded by about 200 soldiers with AK47s. I little tense for a while but we somehow weaseled out of it without a scratch. The Europeans have a lot of dogs as well, I met German and Belgium teams and we had fun there too.
I attached some pictures, enjoy.
Thanks so much for considering our best friends when you were taking care of the troops.
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market
- Wa-Hi Dance Team takes 4th in state championship
- Burglary, theft suspect wanted in Yakima County after escape from community custody
- Secretary of state will undergo treatment for colon cancer