Operation Thank You, the Tri-Cities based organization which routinely sends care packages to our troops overseas, recently received a nice thank you letter and pictures from Dan Wilson, one of the troops stationed at Camp Marmal, Afghanistan. The message is below:
Thanks so much for all you do. We received twenty boxes from you today. Nine were for dogs and I had a great time passing them out. The Americans here on Camp Marmal contract their K-9 services, most of the teams I met today were from Zimbabwe and Uganda. They were some really nice guys, they invited me to visit their countries. I have been to Uganda, I was surrounded by about 200 soldiers with AK47s. I little tense for a while but we somehow weaseled out of it without a scratch. The Europeans have a lot of dogs as well, I met German and Belgium teams and we had fun there too.
I attached some pictures, enjoy.
Thanks so much for considering our best friends when you were taking care of the troops.
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes