Oregon's Governor performed CPR on an unconscious woman while waiting for paramedics to arrive in downtown Portland last night.
That's according to the Governor's Communications Director.
He said Governor John Kitzhaber was traveling to dinner in a car when he noticed a woman lying on the ground.
He ordered his driver to pull over, got out of the car and began to perform CPR after telling one of his security officers to call paramedics.
Kitzhaber, a former emergency room doctor, continued to perform CPR until paramedics arrived and transported the woman to a hospital.
The spokesman said the woman is expected to be ok.
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem