Oregon's Governor performed CPR on an unconscious woman while waiting for paramedics to arrive in downtown Portland last night.
That's according to the Governor's Communications Director.
He said Governor John Kitzhaber was traveling to dinner in a car when he noticed a woman lying on the ground.
He ordered his driver to pull over, got out of the car and began to perform CPR after telling one of his security officers to call paramedics.
Kitzhaber, a former emergency room doctor, continued to perform CPR until paramedics arrived and transported the woman to a hospital.
The spokesman said the woman is expected to be ok.
- New cannabis shop sparks concern in West Richland community
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance