Oregon's Governor performed CPR on an unconscious woman while waiting for paramedics to arrive in downtown Portland last night.
That's according to the Governor's Communications Director.
He said Governor John Kitzhaber was traveling to dinner in a car when he noticed a woman lying on the ground.
He ordered his driver to pull over, got out of the car and began to perform CPR after telling one of his security officers to call paramedics.
Kitzhaber, a former emergency room doctor, continued to perform CPR until paramedics arrived and transported the woman to a hospital.
The spokesman said the woman is expected to be ok.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds