Oregon's Governor performed CPR on an unconscious woman while waiting for paramedics to arrive in downtown Portland last night.
That's according to the Governor's Communications Director.
He said Governor John Kitzhaber was traveling to dinner in a car when he noticed a woman lying on the ground.
He ordered his driver to pull over, got out of the car and began to perform CPR after telling one of his security officers to call paramedics.
Kitzhaber, a former emergency room doctor, continued to perform CPR until paramedics arrived and transported the woman to a hospital.
The spokesman said the woman is expected to be ok.
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco
- Officials warn increased wood debris to float down lower Columbia River
- Evidence builds as witnesses testify in Beckford murder trial