The Oregon Army National Guard held a re-dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony this morning for the recently upgraded Milton-Freewater Readiness Center.
The facility is currently home to Detachment 1, 1186th Military Police Company, Oregon Army National Guard.
Work on the upgrade began in September 2012 and was completed in March 2014 at a cost of more than $4 million. This facility serves the community with flexible rental space and it meets all building codes for Americans with Disabilities Act and seismic requirements. The building also meets State Energy Efficient Design (SEED) requirements.
Local veterans were on hand to show their support of the Oregon Army National Guard by helping display a number of American flags.
Attendees also had a chance to see a static display of military vehicles.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself