UMATILLA COUNTY, Ore. - An Athena woman is accused of trying to kill her young daughter with a prescription drug.
Roxy Brook Pridgen, 36, admitted to putting the drug in a drink and giving it to her girl, who is a juvenile.
She told deputies she did it to kill her daughter because of an argument.
Her daughter became sick from drinking the beverage, but she is expected to be alright.
The Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office said the woman has a mental illness and takes prescription drugs.
Her case is being investigated by the Umatilla County District Attorney’s Office.
Pridgen is lodged at the Umatilla County Jail on an attempted murder charge.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Partridge Family star David Cassidy "surrounded by family" in hospital
- Honda recalling 900,000 Odyssey minivans, seats may tip forward
- Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs