Kadlec Regional Medical Center raised a flag over its building today to encourage awareness of organ donations in honor of donate life month.
Families and friends of organ donors and organ recipients gather to talk about the life changing experiences they have had with organ donations.
Jamie Peterson's daughter Taylor Tefft died in a car accident in 2008.
Last week would have been her 16th birthday.
Jamie said knowing her daughter's death allowed others to live helps her cope with the loss.
She said there is a special bond between donor and recipients.
"We have had the privilege of meeting a little boy that has one of her kidneys. He's 5 almost 6 I think and hes amazing and full of life and to know that he wouldn't be here without that gift is amazing," said Peterson
She said most recipents understand that a family suffered a loss in order for them to gain an organ.
The boy that has her daughter's kidney also has pictures of Taylor.
He knows that Taylor is the one that gave him his special gift.
One of the donor recipents there said he wakes up each day thankful and aware of where he was and where he is now.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities