Oregon State Police (OSP) is continuing the investigation into Thursday night's two-vehicle serious injury traffic crash that occurred on Highway 204 about two miles east of Highway 11 in Umatilla County.
Troopers say just before 9 p.m., a pickup driving by 66-year-old Harrell Phillips of Athena, was traveling westbound on Highway 204 near milepost 2 when it was involved in a near head-on crash with an eastbound SUV driven by 19-year-old Montana Batteron from Weston.
1998 Jeep Cherokee driven by MONTANA REX BATTERTON, age 19, from Weston.
Phillips, Batterton, and an adult male passenger in the pickup who was asleep at the time of the collision were all seriously injured. They were extricated by firefighters and transported by ambulance to a Walla Walla hospital. Phillips and his passenger (name not available) were using safety restraints. Safety restraint use is pending further investigation for Batterton.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself