Oregon State Police (OSP), with the assistance of the Umatilla County Deputy Medical Examiner, is continuing the investigation into the death of a 25-year old Hillsboro man. Preliminary investigation indicates a drug overdose is the apparent cause of death.
Just before 9 a.m. yesterday, OSP troopers from the Pendleton office and local EMS personnel responded to a medical emergency call along Interstate 84 eastbound near milepost 212 in the Pendleton area. Upon arrival, EMS personnel contacted the truck's driver who said the passenger stopped breathing.
EMS personnel started CPR on the adult male passenger identified as 25-year-old Mitchell Evans from Hillsboro. He was transported by ambulance to St. Anthony Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?