Oregon State Police (OSP), with the assistance of the Umatilla County Deputy Medical Examiner, is continuing the investigation into the death of a 25-year old Hillsboro man. Preliminary investigation indicates a drug overdose is the apparent cause of death.
Just before 9 a.m. yesterday, OSP troopers from the Pendleton office and local EMS personnel responded to a medical emergency call along Interstate 84 eastbound near milepost 212 in the Pendleton area. Upon arrival, EMS personnel contacted the truck's driver who said the passenger stopped breathing.
EMS personnel started CPR on the adult male passenger identified as 25-year-old Mitchell Evans from Hillsboro. He was transported by ambulance to St. Anthony Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds