Oregon State Police (OSP), with the assistance of the Umatilla County Deputy Medical Examiner, is continuing the investigation into the death of a 25-year old Hillsboro man. Preliminary investigation indicates a drug overdose is the apparent cause of death.
Just before 9 a.m. yesterday, OSP troopers from the Pendleton office and local EMS personnel responded to a medical emergency call along Interstate 84 eastbound near milepost 212 in the Pendleton area. Upon arrival, EMS personnel contacted the truck's driver who said the passenger stopped breathing.
EMS personnel started CPR on the adult male passenger identified as 25-year-old Mitchell Evans from Hillsboro. He was transported by ambulance to St. Anthony Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters
- AAA: Teen drivers 3 times more likely to be involved in fatal crashes
- UPDATE: Man threatens police, SWAT team enters home
- Be Safe, Not Sorry: Fireworks Safety, Prevention