Oregon State Police (OSP) is investigating the death of an Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) employee at a work site this afternoon along OR Highway 320 south of Interstate 84 near Echo.
Just after 1 PM, OSP and Umatilla County Sheriff's Office were notified of an accidental death at a chip seal paving operation work site on OR Highway 320 near milepost 35. OSP troopers are on scene and are the lead investigating agency.
Highway 320 is closed at the scene for the duration of the investigation. Oregon OSHA was notified and is on scene.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds