Oregon State Police (OSP) is investigating the death of an Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) employee at a work site this afternoon along OR Highway 320 south of Interstate 84 near Echo.
Just after 1 PM, OSP and Umatilla County Sheriff's Office were notified of an accidental death at a chip seal paving operation work site on OR Highway 320 near milepost 35. OSP troopers are on scene and are the lead investigating agency.
Highway 320 is closed at the scene for the duration of the investigation. Oregon OSHA was notified and is on scene.
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd