From the Grant County Sheriff's Office-
Long Lake, Wash (07JUN2014): Grant County Sheriff’s Office and Adams County Sheriff’s office responded to a report of a drowning last night on Long Lake, just north of the Adams/Grant County line. Arturo Valdez Jr., age 31, was reportedly fishing in the Northwest area of Long Lake when he went into the water and did not resurface.
Valdez’s younger brother was reportedly in the area and heard a splash but could no longer see Valdez. Another fishing party in the immediate area offered immediate assistance but they were unable to locate Valdez. Grant County Fire District 4 and 5 also responded with water rescue response. A Grant County Sheriff’s Office diver later located Valdez in about 32 feet of water just below the area he reportedly fell into.
An autopsy is scheduled for Saturday afternoon. Grant County Sheriff’s Office does not believe there was anything criminal in nature.
Sheriff Tom Jones said, “This was a very sad, tragic outcome for the Valdez family, and the civilian and joint responders trying to get to Mr. Valdez in time. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Valdez family for their heartbreaking loss.”
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes
- Contested speaker Brad Henning withdraws from KSD event