On 02-01-2014 a Yakima County Sheriff’s deputy responded to the “Raptor House” on Wiseacre Rd off of East Selah Rd. Upon arrival it was determined that sometime during on Friday, January 31st an unknown subject entered the large enclosed building on the property where a variety of birds are kept. The subject(s) then took a fourteen year old “Tawny” owl that weighs less than sixteen ounces. The owl is dark reddish brown in color with pink colored eyelids. The bird is ‘glove trained’ and so could be handled as the bird was frequently used in classes. Anyone with information regarding the missing owl is asked to call the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office at 574-2500 or Crimestoppers of Yakima at 248-9980.
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?
- Fireworks cause brush fire, destroying Hermiston duplex
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Selah fire grows to at least 2,800 acres