The owners of The Gorge Amphitheater in central Washington are considering a big expansion of the concert venue.
The Grant County Planning Department has received a request from Live Nation for major changes.
Live Nation applied this month to change its land use classification from Recreation Development to Master Planned Resort. The company wants to open a restaurant, cafT, cabins, outdoor cinema, grocery and camping stores, more stage space, additional RV spaces and more camping locations on the sprawling site.
If approved, the work would begin next year and add more than 1,000 camping sites.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified