The Pasco City Council voted unanimously last night to approve the employment contract with Mr. Dave Zabell as Pasco City Manager, with a start date of August 25.
Mr. Zabell has been in local government for over 33 years, and is currently the City Manager for the City of Fife, Washington, a position he has held since 2011. Prior to that he was Assistant City Manager for Yakima, Washington, from 2005-2011, Public Works Director for the City of Bothell, Washington, for five years, and he was with the City of Marysville, Washington, from 1985 - 2000, serving in positions including Engineer, Public Works Director and he was City Administrator for the last seven years. Mr. Zabell has a Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Washington and a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Administration from Upper Iowa University.
In the interim between the retirement of current City Manager Gary Crutchfield on June 27 and August 25, Deputy City Manager Stan Strebel will be Acting City Manager, as confirmed by Council at the June 16 meeting.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres