The Pasco City Council votes to draft a measure that will ban the sale of medical and recreational marijuana city-wide.
The vote came in 6-1.
Mayor Matt Watkins said the city's attorney advise the council cannot continue to extend moratoriums and a decision would need to be made soon.
Watkins said one of the main concerns is selling marijuana makes no financial sense because there is very limited tax money that the city will make.
Watkins also said it is a concern that the state and federal government are on two different pages when it comes to pot sales.
The city will vote on the ban in two weeks.
The current moratorium will be up in September.
- Man charged with felony assault over missing cigarette
- Woman wanted by authorities for escape from community custody
- Kennewick police arrest 3 in connection to graffiti amid recent uptick
- The Cash Cow Catch 22
- TSA agent pleads guilty to voyeurism charge
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires