A Pasco man indicted last summer for allegedly selling opium pods out of his 40 acre poppy farm has died.
Kenneth French died of a heart attack at the age of 58 one week ago.
His defense attorney, Jim Egan, is asking the federal court to drop the indictment in two court cases against French that include other defendents, including some of his family members.
Drug Enforcement Agency agents investigated the case for one year before busting the alleged operation.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome