A Pasco man indicted last summer for allegedly selling opium pods out of his 40 acre poppy farm has died.
Kenneth French died of a heart attack at the age of 58 one week ago.
His defense attorney, Jim Egan, is asking the federal court to drop the indictment in two court cases against French that include other defendents, including some of his family members.
Drug Enforcement Agency agents investigated the case for one year before busting the alleged operation.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location