A Pasco man indicted last summer for allegedly selling opium pods out of his 40 acre poppy farm has died.
Kenneth French died of a heart attack at the age of 58 one week ago.
His defense attorney, Jim Egan, is asking the federal court to drop the indictment in two court cases against French that include other defendents, including some of his family members.
Drug Enforcement Agency agents investigated the case for one year before busting the alleged operation.
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds
- Upgrade your posters for a fresh look