A Pasco man was sentenced today to 20 years in prison for production of child pornography.
36-year-old Alton Morehead of Pasco will also be required to register as a sex offender.
According to court documents, a Special Agent with Homeland Security Investigations accessed a phont hosting website in May 2012 and found a profile with an associated e-mail address that contained multiple risqué photos of children. HSI commenced investigation and obtained further information about the associated e-mail account, determining the account holder was Morehead.
On May 23, 2013, HSI Special Agents obtained a search warrant for Morehead’s e-mail account. Agents discovered child pornography which Morehead had received over the internet. Additional e-mail accounts were subsequently identified as being utilized by Morehead. The e-mail accounts were used both for receipt of child pornography and distribution of child pornography produced by Morehead of several minors left in his care. Special Agents interviewed Morehead, who admitted his criminal conduct.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities