A Pasco man was sentenced today to 20 years in prison for production of child pornography.
36-year-old Alton Morehead of Pasco will also be required to register as a sex offender.
According to court documents, a Special Agent with Homeland Security Investigations accessed a phont hosting website in May 2012 and found a profile with an associated e-mail address that contained multiple risqué photos of children. HSI commenced investigation and obtained further information about the associated e-mail account, determining the account holder was Morehead.
On May 23, 2013, HSI Special Agents obtained a search warrant for Morehead’s e-mail account. Agents discovered child pornography which Morehead had received over the internet. Additional e-mail accounts were subsequently identified as being utilized by Morehead. The e-mail accounts were used both for receipt of child pornography and distribution of child pornography produced by Morehead of several minors left in his care. Special Agents interviewed Morehead, who admitted his criminal conduct.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park