The city of Pasco has named a successor for City Manager Gary crutchfield, who will retire later this month after 36 years with the city, 30 as the City Manager.
Pasco has choosen Dave Zabell as the new City Manager.
Zabell is currently the City Manager in Fife and before that he was the Deputy City Manager in Yakima for six years.
Zabell said he is most looking forward to community building, the economic potential in Pasco and the people.
He said the first thing he wants to do is make sure he and council are on the same page.
"I want to make sure the council and I are in tune on priorities and then going out there and working with community members getting to know key folks, establishing relationships with the city partners and shareholders," said Zabell.
Zabell said he thinks the current City Manager Gary Crutchfield has done a good job handling the city's growth and he hopes to keep that momentum going.
Zabell hopes to finalize his contract with the city next week and then start his new job shortly after that.
- Westinghouse Electric to file for bankruptcy
- Bodies of 2 UN experts found in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Richland former Gonzaga player to see team make history
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland