Pasco City Manager Gary Crutchfield fires Pasco Police officer that is facing criminal charges.
Zach Fairley is being charged with making false or misleading statements to a public servant and other charges of soliciting a prostitute.
Pasco Police Chief Bob Metzger asked city personnel to fire Fairley a few days ago.
Prior to yesterday, Fairley was on paid leave since the beginning of the year.
During that time, Fairley accepted a new job at the American Red Cross and Metzger said failing to inform the city of his new job is a violation of city policy and they are looking into the situation.
Crutchfield said that issue will also be dealt with.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park