Pasco City Manager Gary Crutchfield fires Pasco Police officer that is facing criminal charges.
Zach Fairley is being charged with making false or misleading statements to a public servant and other charges of soliciting a prostitute.
Pasco Police Chief Bob Metzger asked city personnel to fire Fairley a few days ago.
Prior to yesterday, Fairley was on paid leave since the beginning of the year.
During that time, Fairley accepted a new job at the American Red Cross and Metzger said failing to inform the city of his new job is a violation of city policy and they are looking into the situation.
Crutchfield said that issue will also be dealt with.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect