A pedestrian is recovering after being hit by a car in Sunnyside.
It happened at 8PM last night at Yakima Valley Highway and 4th Street. According to the Washington State Patrol, 77 year old Jose Ochoa of Sunnyside walked across the highway and was struck by 25 year old Maria Sanchez Santana of Grandview.
Ochoa was transported to a hospital. Sanchez Santana was not hurt.
It's unknown if drugs or alcohol were involved. Ochoa was cited for failure to yield the right of way vehicle.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget