A pedestrian is recovering after being hit by a car in Sunnyside.
It happened at 8PM last night at Yakima Valley Highway and 4th Street. According to the Washington State Patrol, 77 year old Jose Ochoa of Sunnyside walked across the highway and was struck by 25 year old Maria Sanchez Santana of Grandview.
Ochoa was transported to a hospital. Sanchez Santana was not hurt.
It's unknown if drugs or alcohol were involved. Ochoa was cited for failure to yield the right of way vehicle.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities