Pendleton Grain Growers will close the ag supply stores in Pendleton, Athena and Milton-Freewater by early September.
The closures are part of co-op's effort to phase out retail service and restructure business.
The Pendleton Automotive Service Center will also close tomorrow. 74 people may be affected by these closures, however, a spokeswoman says Pendleton Grain Growers is doing all they can to reposition those employees into other parts of the company.
The other three stores in Hermiston, Joseph and Island City will be sold.
Negotiations are still pending with the expected to be finalized by October 1st.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget