HERMISTON, Ore. - Police have named a person of interest in the shooting death of a 38-year-old Hermiston man.
On Saturday, Hermiston police responded to a report that James John Cragun had been shot at 525 SW 13th Pl. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators would like to speak with Tyree Houfmuse, 34, who is allegedly involved with the incident.
He is an African American male who stands 6-foot-1 and weighs between 200 and 240 pounds. He several tattoos including a rose on the left side of his neck.
In 2014, Houfmuse was accused of shooting a man outside a bar in Kennewick. He claimed self-defense and was relieved of an assault charge, but he was found guilty of unlawful possession of a firearm
This most recent shooting appears to be an isolated incident and police do not believe there is any further danger to the public.
Some information is being withheld as police continue to investigate the shooting.
If you know where to find the person of interest, call the Hermiston Police Department at 541-567-5519.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Benton county commissioners urge state to shut down West Richland pot shop
- Benton county commissioners urge state to shut down West Richland pot shop
- Opioid epidemic affecting Washington, AG asks for more restrictions
- Local church selling Christmas trees to fight child hunger
- Winter shelter for homeless young adults needs volunteers to open
- Heritage University awarded $6.3 million, biggest donation in its history