A Kennewick Parks Department employee made an unusual find this morning.
While emptying trash the employee found what was believed to be a possible pipe bomb.
Officers examined the suspicious device, which was found just before 9 a-m near the Kiwanis building and determined the device was a possible threat.
A perimeter was set up and the Richland Bomb Squad responded.
The device was in fact a pipe bomb and was safely disposed of.
The search of the area found no additional devices.
No injuries were reported.
- Semi-rollover closes Vantage Bridge
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- Toppenish school employee leaves handgun in bathroom
- Seattle police officer, Yakima native released after being shot in face
- Man arrested on suspicion of terror offenses near UK Parliament
- Local teacher helps his students take flight