A proposed land-use ordinance that would ban the production and sale of recreational marijuana in parts of Yakima County fails to gather support.
The Yakima County Planning Commission voted to reccomend the Yakima County Commission not finalize the proposed ban.
The planning commission says that while some parts of Yakima County can have marijuana banned, but to issue a county-wide ban could raise legal questions.
County commissioners will review the recommendation and vote on it.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget