A proposed land-use ordinance that would ban the production and sale of recreational marijuana in parts of Yakima County fails to gather support.
The Yakima County Planning Commission voted to reccomend the Yakima County Commission not finalize the proposed ban.
The planning commission says that while some parts of Yakima County can have marijuana banned, but to issue a county-wide ban could raise legal questions.
County commissioners will review the recommendation and vote on it.
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November