A proposed land-use ordinance that would ban the production and sale of recreational marijuana in parts of Yakima County fails to gather support.
The Yakima County Planning Commission voted to reccomend the Yakima County Commission not finalize the proposed ban.
The planning commission says that while some parts of Yakima County can have marijuana banned, but to issue a county-wide ban could raise legal questions.
County commissioners will review the recommendation and vote on it.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities