A proposed land-use ordinance that would ban the production and sale of recreational marijuana in parts of Yakima County fails to gather support.
The Yakima County Planning Commission voted to reccomend the Yakima County Commission not finalize the proposed ban.
The planning commission says that while some parts of Yakima County can have marijuana banned, but to issue a county-wide ban could raise legal questions.
County commissioners will review the recommendation and vote on it.
- Utah governor says he will approve strictest DUI limit in US
- Protect yourself from fastest growing crime: ID theft
- Authorities apprehend kayaking burglar suspect
- Judge orders Exxon to hand over climate change documents
- KSD votes 3-2 to keep speaker Brad Henning
- American Cancer Society concerned with new health care legislation