Four hundred people have already signed up to take the polar plunge in the Columbia River tomorrow morning.
The fundraiser is organized by law enforcement agencies in the Tri Cities and the water temperature is usually right around 35 degrees.
All of the proceeds go to the Special Olympics in the community.
Sergeant Ken Lattin of the Kennewick Police Department said seeing the athletes compete at the Special Olympics makes enduring the freezing temperature of the water worth it
Check in is form 9 to 11:30 at Columbia Park in Kennewick
The costume contest starts at 11:15 a.m. and the plunge begins at noon.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome