Four hundred people have already signed up to take the polar plunge in the Columbia River tomorrow morning.
The fundraiser is organized by law enforcement agencies in the Tri Cities and the water temperature is usually right around 35 degrees.
All of the proceeds go to the Special Olympics in the community.
Sergeant Ken Lattin of the Kennewick Police Department said seeing the athletes compete at the Special Olympics makes enduring the freezing temperature of the water worth it
Check in is form 9 to 11:30 at Columbia Park in Kennewick
The costume contest starts at 11:15 a.m. and the plunge begins at noon.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement