Yakima Police are looking for a man suspected of robbing a Bank of the West branch late Friday afternoon.
Officers responded to the bank, which is located on the 500 block of East Yakima Avenue, just before 6 p.m.
According to witnesses, the suspect fled the scene on a BMX bike. Several officers search the area, but were unable to located the suspect.
The investigation reveal the suspect entered the bank, handed a note to a teller demanding money and implied he had a weapon. The bank teller complied with the suspect's demands and gave him an undisclosed amount of money. The suspect then left the bank on a bicyle.
The suspect was described as a white or Hispanic male, 30 to 40 years of age, approximately 5’07”/220 pounds. The suspect was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and gray stocking cap.
Nobody was injured.
Anyone with information should contact the Yakima Police Department.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River