Yakima Police are looking for a man suspected of robbing a Bank of the West branch late Friday afternoon.
Officers responded to the bank, which is located on the 500 block of East Yakima Avenue, just before 6 p.m.
According to witnesses, the suspect fled the scene on a BMX bike. Several officers search the area, but were unable to located the suspect.
The investigation reveal the suspect entered the bank, handed a note to a teller demanding money and implied he had a weapon. The bank teller complied with the suspect's demands and gave him an undisclosed amount of money. The suspect then left the bank on a bicyle.
The suspect was described as a white or Hispanic male, 30 to 40 years of age, approximately 5’07”/220 pounds. The suspect was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and gray stocking cap.
Nobody was injured.
Anyone with information should contact the Yakima Police Department.
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool