Yakima Police are looking for a man suspected of robbing a Bank of the West branch late Friday afternoon.
Officers responded to the bank, which is located on the 500 block of East Yakima Avenue, just before 6 p.m.
According to witnesses, the suspect fled the scene on a BMX bike. Several officers search the area, but were unable to located the suspect.
The investigation reveal the suspect entered the bank, handed a note to a teller demanding money and implied he had a weapon. The bank teller complied with the suspect's demands and gave him an undisclosed amount of money. The suspect then left the bank on a bicyle.
The suspect was described as a white or Hispanic male, 30 to 40 years of age, approximately 5’07”/220 pounds. The suspect was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and gray stocking cap.
Nobody was injured.
Anyone with information should contact the Yakima Police Department.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call